analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, March 24, 2006

"If I don't stop shopping, I'll end up a bag lady; a Fendi bag lady, but a bag lady....."

Yes.. I did go shopping today. It was pretty much the first time since I've been here, so I was READY! It was a super nice day today, too, so I went out and just walked all the way into downtown. Usually we would take the metro, but it felt so good and I decided to do some exploring on my own. I walked by the Prague castle where it looked as though the tourists were out in full force. I guess with spring break there may be more than usualy these next couple weeks. I like having those tourists around though, especially when you hear the Americans talking and you can actually understand what they're saying. Its kind of nice.

I headed to a big, new mall they have here. We go there sometimes to go to the "super walmart" type store - called Carrefour. It has a big supermarket, so when we want some good fruits and vegetables we head there instead of the little grocery store near our dorm. I was mainly in search of shoes today. I wanted some boots that I could just walk in. Everybody here has boots and they come in quite handy when it rains and they either stick their jeans in the boots or roll up their jeans and still look stylish. We all get our jeans drenched and muddy from stepping in puddles and walking in the wet streets all day. So this would prolong the washing of the jeans.
I also wanted to get some nice shoes that don't have huge heels, because the only nice ones I brought do have huge heels and my feet end up hurting if I'm standing up in them all night when we're out.
So I succeeded with both of my endeavors and have two new pairs of shoes today!

Last night we also went to this same mall to see a movie at the cinema they have on the third floor. We made it a girls night and saw Pride and Prejudice.. it was very very good. The majority of the movies seem to be in English, but they have Czech subititles. Some movies are dubbed over and then they have a few Czech movies. It was nice being in the movie theater - it felt just like sitting in a movie theater in the states.

Also, I now have made plans to go to Greece. And its in 4 DAYS! I am so excited for this- this is definitely a trip I had to make while I was over here and I was starting to get anxious. It's supposed to be cheaper to go right now than it will be later because its not as hot as it will be, but it will definitely feel awesome to us. We'll be spending five nights there. I need to start doing some research.

And in sculpture class, our teacher changed his mind about giving us 4 weeks on the hands we were sculpting and told us to finish them in class and we'd start a new one next time. I think he realized that was a little too difficult for us.. since we can't really look at a hand because we're using our hand to sculpt. So we finished the hands to some degree and had to throw them right back in the clay tub.

My hand was going to be a surgeon hand, but I didn't have a surgeon knife on hand, so he was just holding a sculpting tool.


And here is Allison thinking with her hand:

Well, that's about it right now!

No comments: