analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Sunday, April 23, 2006

So, it's definitely raining right now. There's even thunder and lightning-which is always exciting. I wouldn't mind a nice thunderstorm - in fact I would absolutely love a thunderstorm - except we still have a cardboard window! And rain could be very bad for that, especially since it has a total of 3 nails holding it to the window - two in the top corners and one in the middle of the bottom part of the window sill. Its not exactly water proof. So we'll have to see what happens. Right now the wind is not blowing towards our window, so hopefully that doesn't change.

Anyways, we've been working on finishing up plans for the Italy trip - booking hostels and such. That is definitely going to be where most of my money goes it seems. It's now high season in Italy, so prices are a little bit pricier. We've booked almost all the nights now in Rome, Florence, and Venice. I'm getting very excited!

Also, I made a trip to see the doctor here in Prague on Friday. Luckily, one of my friends had gone a few weeks ago, so I wasn't completely lost. I was still pretty confused, though. When he had gone he said he just knocked on the door and went in, but when I went there were definitely people waiting outside the door. So I took a seat with everyone and realized after a couple people went that it looked like people were going in the order they came in. The doctor would let someone out and say something in czech and a person would get up. So, pretty soon it looked like it would be my turn, so I hopped up and luckily no one said anything thinking it was their turn. This doctor speaks pretty good English, so they recommend her to us. She asked for my insurance card, so I handed it to her and she told me that it doesn't work here, so I would have to pay- which was fine because paying for medical care here is a lot different than in the U.S. She asked what was wrong and I told her my tonsils were swollen. She got a flashlight and looked in my throat and after a second or two she said "tonsilitis". It wasn't the most in-depth diagnosis ever, but she wrote a perscription out and sent me on my way. Yesterday, I couldn't take the swollen tonsils anymore, so I braved the scary Czech pharmacy and medicine. My friend that had gone earlier had tonsilitis too and didn't die from the medicine, so I figured it would be okay.
And today, only one day after taking the medicine - I feel so much better! It's awesome.

That's about it for now. Right now Laura and I are addicted to the first season of Lost, so I think that's what a rainy Sunday afternoon is calling for.

Some more pics - around Prague:

Wallenstein Palace in Prague.


I saw a Peacock there!

St. Nicholas Church in Lesser Town, Prague


No comments: