analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Monday, May 22, 2006

It's 12:45 and I have already accomplished a lot today! I'm proud of myself. I went to 2 classes so far today, turned in my stuff, and got my grades! And I got A's in both... so far I am passing the semester. I have also finished 2 other classes. This morning, Luke and I went to get bus tickets for a short trip to a town in the Czech Republic, called Cesky Krumlov. It's supposed to be a very pretty and neat town, so I am looking forward to that - I've been meaning to do more traveling within the Czech Republic. There are still some other places I would like to go, but I'm not sure time will allow that. Luke, Laura, Carl and I will all be going next Friday, spending one night and coming back on Saturday.

I have also been trying to work out my trip with my brothers when they come over to Europe. They are flying into Amsterdam on June 12. I'm going to meet them there on June 13, because my final studio project is due June 12. Yesterday, I booked my flight and booked a hostel in Amsterdam. We will also be going to Brussels, Belgium and Germany - but we're not quite sure where in Germany just yet. I booked the Brussels hostel earlier in the week, so just Germany left!

Well, this last week was so rainy and a little depressing outside. Yesterday was nicer and today is really nice outside. Yesterday I went on a long run and discovered this huge, awesome park. I've seen it on maps, but have never been and didn't really realize it was close enough that I could run to it. It's a very large park with some beautiful views of Prague at certain spots. When we ride a certain tram in Prague, we go right by it, but we can't see the whole park from the tram, so I really had no idea what was back there. I plan on going back with the nice weather - hopefully it will stay nice for the whole week (but that's kind of doubtful).

On Wednesday we have a big party with ISC (the international student club). It's on a boat and it has a pirate theme. It's kind of a big, going away party for all the international students before we all start leaving to go home. It's pretty sad that the end is creeping up on us - it seems like I'm starting to get into the swing of things and feeling comfortable here and then it's going to end. Also, the weather is nicer now so there's more we want to fit in now that it's nice, but that's going to be difficult. Well, I'm not ready to say goodbye to this place, but I am starting to miss home, so I will be ready by the time it comes to get home and relax for the rest of the summer.

No comments: