analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, May 16, 2008

musical summer


I'm loving music lately. I've never been one to get really into music, but I think I'm changing my ways. I'm all about live music these days - which is also a good way to break the bank...

I guess sitting at work all day long and listening to music for some of it has made me want to explore a little more. Also, www.pandora.com is a fabulous way to discover some new music. You put in an artist you like and it plays music by that artist as well as similar sounding artists. Check it out.

Denver has some great little venues for smaller bands/artists to come and play..

My faves right now

Matt Nathanson
Corey Smith (concert June 21st)
Ingrid Michaelson
Spoon

I'm also going to the first annual Mile High Music Festival- www.milehighmusicfestival.com - it's got quite a line up and should be a good time of sitting out in the sun and listening to music. That's July 19th, 20th - can't wait!

The thing about concerts is that you really don't know what you miss until you go.. live music is great.

"There’s something so amazing about music; it can transform the dullest of environments into beautiful places. Put it on, hear it out, look around, revel in the moment. Here lie the beauty and clarity that get you through your day."
- Tristan Prettyman


3 comments:

CC said...

Mack, Pandora is awesome! I listen to it every day at work. I know what you mean about loving music, I'm loving exploring new and obscure artists these days....
Check out Rachael Yamagata, Marie Digby, Laura Tsaggaris, and Matt Redman, they're pretty awesome.

CC said...

Glad I'm not the only one with the desperate feeling to travel! Haha...want to go on a trip soon?! Lol, j/k, I know you've got San Fran coming up (yay!) which is uber exciting!

CC said...

Yum, who is that?