analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, November 13, 2008

art-tastic

I have been a slacker on posting things lately! I know.

This week is a little busy, with two concerts to attend. Monday, I saw the lovely Matt Nathanson. Love him.
Tonight I'm seeing Eric Hutchinson. I've never seen him live, but I have been loving the music lately and I think he will be fun up on stage too.

Once again, no major plans for the weekend. I LOVE IT.

Last weekend, we went to First Fridays - which happens on the first Friday of every month- and the art galleries stay open late. You just walk around the art district and gander.. We actually thought there was supposed to be WINE, but we never found any. We found snacks and cider and such, but no wine. A lot of people come out for this, so maybe there are just too many people now or the wine was gone by the time we got around. We did see some people walking around with wine, we just didn't know where they got it.

So, the art galleries inspired me and last weekend I started drawing. I decided to use some things I already had. I had some 4x4 in. black mat board squares and my prisma color pencils and I got to work. The hard part for me is figuring out what to draw. At First Fridays I saw a lot of art that had to do with the Aspen trees up in the mountains, so I went with that. They are pretty fun to draw. I drew a little 'fall scene' on the black mat board. It came out alright. I think it still needs some more work, though.

So there might be some more art attempts up the sleeve. It will be a nice thing to do when it is all cold and snowy and wintery outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we get to see any of them?

mack said...

maybe... we'll see how they turn out :)