analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, May 14, 2009

rec-in' it up

Between work and all these rec. leagues I'm in, I'm swamped! I also would really like to get EVERYTHING cleaned up and in its place in the new apartment, but I have no time during the week anymore!

wheeww, had to get that out.

One day of working more than usual and I buckle. haha. I'm afraid I may be working late tonight too - we'll see. I'm busy trying to get work so we can stay busy... nice little circle as long as it works out, I guess.

Weekend activities are stacking up, which is nice. I just need to make sure I have time to catch up. Two brothers still need birthday presents, I need to get the apartment in complete order and I need to fit the workouts in.

With the rec leagues in the evenings, I've been trying to do some morning runs. So far, I manage to get up once a week, maybe twice, and run, but the rec leagues involve beer, which makes it hard to get up and run the following mornings. Rough.

I'll share a little report on the rec season thus far.

We had a rough season of softball, but we've signed up for the summer league and I think we've made some progress as a team.. and maybe we'll win more than one game this time! haha. I'm enjoying my second base position. The shortstop and I kick major booty in the infield...

Our kickball team is pretty talented. We are very good at holding a beer in one hand and catching and kicking kickballs. I had to miss last night's kickball event to attend to volleyball, which just started, but we were playing a team with friends on it, so I sacrificed kickball. Kickball is very entertaining. Watching beer fly and people fall is an entertaining afternoon, as well as killing 5 kegs..

I'm no good at volleyball, but I have barely played before so maybe I can improve. Somehow, I was put in charge of my work's team. Of course, being extremely short makes it that much harder to be a good volleyball player.

1 comment:

:) said...

Sounds like you are booked!! I am going to my first softball game tonight...fingers crossed I'm not the worst on the team. :)