analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

crazy busy

So .. let's see... lately it has been crazy busy, but for some reason I'm not stressed out. I'm pretty sure that part is coming though. Out of the like five or six 4th year studios, two of our professors teach lecture classes for us. So you would think they would try not to have everything due at the same time, but nope! Thursday we definitely have a paper and a test in one class.. and this is no simple paper.. it's really frikkin long and complicated. So basically everybody has been working on this systems III paper for a couple days and we have been neglecting our studio project! - which is due on Monday (for some of us atleast). And then of course we need to study for the test in the same class and then some of us have a Planning test on Friday. So this sucks huge.. great the more i write about it on here the more I am slowing getting stressed out. Woops!

Anyhow, this brings me to think about how they're going to change the first degree received in architecture to be a Masters degree instead of a bachelors. And it sucks because they're changing it so that the students in a few years will be receiving it and my year will be stuck with our bachelor degrees - and doing basically the same amount of work. We graduate with 160 hours for the bachelor degree and the dean was saying how he got his Masters after 165 hours... so we're doing this shit ton of work for a degree everyone else gets for a lot less hours in other majors. Awesome.

Atleast I feel pretty comfortable with my studio project for now. I'm not super excited about it which sucks. I guess I just really liked my project last semester and was excited about it so I'm expecting the same excitement and it's not coming. We have the extra burden on us knowing that for this project we actually have to make it buildable and prove that it is buildable with all the details and construction documents throughout the semester.

Well that was a nice little break. Now I'm getting back to work - I think I should work on my little cheat sheet we're allowed to take in for this test on thursday. After that I'll try to focus on studio again. And then I'll just never sleep. Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: