analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Czech keyboard time!

Well I'm typing on a czech keyboard right now. For the most part it's the same, except there's a an extra button down by the shift button - I've noticed. So every time I need to capitalize a letter I hit the wrong button if I'm not thinking about it. It's a little frustrating.

Anyways, today the only class I have is sculpting. Last week we didn't do anything besides establish the next time we were having class, but today we jumped right into it. Our professor looks like a lot like Professor Snape from Harry Potter, so everybody kind of gets a kick out of him. He also smokes a cigarette in the classroom as he walks around and helps us. So our first project is sculpting a hand.. it can be doing anything and I think it's supposed to be holding something. I didn't really know what I was doing when I started, but just kept going until it started forming what looked like part of an arm, a wrist and the hand. The fingers still need help, but we get 4 weeks for the project. We ended up staying there for 2 1/2 to 3 hours so it's a good thing I don't have any other classes.


Professor Snape from Harry Potter aka my sculpture class instructor


For my studio class we were supposed to go see a model of the city of Prague that is at a museum here - The City of Prague Museum. It was made in the early 1800's and it shows how Prague was at the time. The area I'm doing my studio project has changed a lot over the years, so he wanted us to see how the square had once been. The model was was huge and surrounded with glass, but it was really interesting. It was made by one man back in the 1800's... pretty impressive.
This week has gone really fast and I can't believe we're leaving for Poland tomorrow! It's going to be super cold there.
We get back Monday morning at 7 am - so we're riding the train all night I guess. Hopefully I will be able to sleep on it. On Monday and Tuesday one of our professors from kstate is coming to Prague - he's teaching the kstate students in Italy and I think next week is their spring break. So hopefully we'll be awake enough to show him around!
And yesterday my Czech buddy called the computer people and I guess they had to order a whole new LCD screen for my computer - I guess the backlight is probably connected to the screen - but they had gotten it in yesterday and they were supposed to call my buddy back today - hoping it would be done. I haven't heard anything yet, but if it gets done I could possibly pick it up tomorrow morning before we leave for the trip. If not I will definitely be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday, because they said it would definitely be done by this Friday!! good good news. Monday is packed full of classes though, but definitely Tuesday - I'd say...

All right - I will stop rambling.
I'm going to write emails once I get my computer back!
Thanks for the messages - feel free to email me if anybody wants to.

mackenzielee33@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mack!
Your sculpture class sounds pretty fun, I wish that is something I would have taken at some point. Are you guys just taking a trip to Poland or are you skiing again? can you ski there? ahah, I'm horrible with geography and knowing what you can and can't do in places. But anyways, I just thought I'd drop a note to say hi and to say that we miss you here at K-State. Our spring break is almost here! Only 2 more days and then next Monday my Mom and I are flying to Costa Mesa, CA in the O.C. for a couple of job interviews and also some relaxing and pretending we're Marissa and Julie Cooper. :) Well, I will talk to you later, hope you have fun in Poland!
Cya,
Jess

mack said...

Hey Jess! I'm so jealous of hearing the word spring - spring is nowhere in sight here! In my czech culture class the other day, the lady said this is the worst winter in like 15 years..
Poland is just a trip we're taking - no skiing, but on our ski trip last weekend we were close to the border of czech republic and poland.. so yes you can ski in poland!
later!