analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, March 09, 2006

finally...

Sorry about the lack of postings lately. It's difficult to do without my own computer. I have yet to get my computer back, but I intend on calling on Monday to find out if I haven't heard by then.
Today I got my first package! It was exciting and I have been waiting for its arrival for a few days now. One of my flatmates from Kansas got a package yesterday and it was sent to her after mine was sent, so I was a little bit worried. The front desk called at 9:30 this morning and told me to come down and sign for my package. We leave to go skiing tomorrow and in the package were some warm, thick socks for skiing, some leggings, and a neck warmer thing for skiing. It came just in time! There was also poptarts in the package! I don't really eat these at home too often, but when we recognized the lack of poptarts here, I really missed them.
When they called about the package, I also realized we had no water. This happened one other day - the water had to be shut off for some reason. Today it happened again, but it was in the morning so we couldn't really do anything until we had water to take showers and brush teeth! It was turned on by about 11, so we could continue with our day.

Today has been a wet wet day. It snowed over the night and now it has been raining all day, so there is all kinds of slush all over the streets and sidewalks. It's not too fun to walk in.
Last night we had our America presentation at the club we go to every Wednesday for the whole semester and listen to presentations by the students from all the different countries. Each country presentation is supposed to include food and drinks from the country. We made grilled cheese sandwiches, pb&j sandwiches, smores, puppy chow, little smokeys... and for drinks we made jungle juice (a mixture of alcohol and juices basically) and jello shots - my dad know what those are! We couldn't use JELLO- we had to use some other gelatin stuff that wasn't nearly as good. It was a pretty fun time. The two Costa Rican students also did a presentation yesterday.

Other than that, we've been going to school all week and had to turn in our decisions on what classes to take today. So now real school will begin - as real as it will be I guess. Most of the classes I went to this week basically just talked about what time we would meet the next week and what we would do.

Tomorrow we leave to go skiing! We're not sure where exactly we're going or how many days we're actually skiing either. We're leaving tomorrow morning and coming back sometime Sunday. I haven't skied in a few years now, so I'm excited. A lot of the girls are trying out snowboarding. I thought about it, but I decided it might be more enjoyable for me if I just ski.
The next weekend we are going on a trip to Krakow, Poland.

I really want to post more pictures, but I have to wait to get my computer back! So, sorry about that.

No comments: