analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, July 17, 2008

country music, you always get me reflecting on life..

I've been listening to a lot of country music lately.
Country music always gets me in a different way than other music. It's about life.. and always gets me thinking about life.

"These are my people" by Rodney Atkins... love it. This will take you to his MySpace page for you to listen.. I can't just write the lyrics - it's not the same!

The stage I'm at in life - along with all of my friends - is pretty interesting! It's hard to take a step back from your own life - troubles and stresses- and just look at the picture.
Here I am in Denver, surrounded by people from pretty much the same area of the U.S. - Kansas and surrounding states...most with some sort of tie to Kansas - school, family... something. It's interesting how that happens. Someone knows someone from home or school and introduces new friends into the picture.. and something clicks when we're hanging out.

Part of me is so looking forward to football season because it is so fun to go to our Kansas State bar and be surrounded by K-Staters... many of them familiar from school, even if I don't personally know them.

Not only are so many of us from the same area, more or less, but we're at this same stage in life. We just got dumped into the real world with these real jobs and we're really just trying to figure out what to do with ourselves! If someone at my age has it all figured out, then that's congratulations... but I don't! All being in a relatively new city to us, we get excited to try new things, go to new places, eat at new restaurants and it's so fun. You can't beat it.
We all have different things going on - job stresses, money stresses, time stresses, relationship stresses- and you get so wrapped up in them...it's just interesting to step back and look at the greatness of it. Making our way, finding out we're able to get through it and figure it out and come out on the other end.

3 comments:

CC said...

Country music is totally about life! It seems more realistic to most people's lives then rap or pop or any of that other stuff. I love that song too! Always reminds me of home. I'm so freaking excited for D's wedding so I can see everyone again.

Anyway, yes, I do need to get out of Dallas for shizzle. Like tomorrow. But I'll be hanging tight until January. A new higher paying job would also be nice.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see a fellow blogger who digs country. Though I'm not all that into Rodney Atkins.

Honestly, no one ever has it all figured out. You're lucky to be one step ahead most of the time.

Susel said...

i love country music! and I've heard that Rodney Atkins song and I like it as well.