analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, August 28, 2008

the panic before the weekend...

Well.. I'm not very inspired to post much lately.
I'm trying to keep up with the DNC, especially since it is going on here in Denver. I'm also one of those Independents they keep talking about at the DNC that they are trying to sway. So I will be watching next weeks Republican National Convention as well.

Anywhooo, my laptop adapter cord died I think, so today I'm trying to deal with that and how to get a new one, so my laptop isn't dead forever.

I'm going out of town for Labor Day weekend to Minnesota to a friend's lake house with a bunch of friends. It should be a great time. I called Mia's usual doggy daycare/boarding place on Tuesday to find out that it's full for the weekend. I should have known to call earlier. So that sent me into a bit of a panic because going to a new place for boarding seems to usually require a trial day with the dog or an interview and, really, I just don't have time this week to run around and do that. Also, her shots are a little out of date, so she can't have a trial day or interview unless her shots are up to date, which I did make an appointment for her shots to be done today. Getting them done today, Thursday, after work doesn't leave much time for interview/trial day, so I was a bit stressed about this on Tuesday. I also had a lovely gift certificate my friends gave me for my bday to dog-topia- Mia's usual place, so I was bummed I'd have to pay loads of money for the weekend.
I found a place that sounded pretty good and set up an interview on Friday at 9 am.. what an inconvenient time.. but what are you going to do.

Well... to sum it up and end the rambling, the lovely Ben has agreed to watch an extra dog this weekend. He's saving me big time. I was also worried about leaving Mia in a strange place, so this made me feel much better. She'll get to spend the weekend with her bff Ema. My brother will be in town and can watch her Friday night and Saturday morning, but then he has a busy weekend, so he'll drop her off Saturday over at Ema's for the rest of the weekend. I hope she's a good dog for them!

So tonight I will be getting shots for the dog and packing for Minnesota, which I'm excited to be packing some sweats and sweatshirts for the cool evenings there... This weekend should consist of playing around all day in my swimsuit and on dirt bikes and then evenings in sweats around the bonfire. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

I think I need a new book, too.. so maybe a trip to Barnes & Noble with my gift card.

And lastly, I'm super excited about a snowboard I just bought!! I've been keeping my eye on it and I thought it disappeared on the website yesterday, which made me SO SAD since it's a good board, 40% off and short enough for little me. So I finally found it again on the website and decided I should probably buy it, since I would be really sad if I missed it. Sniagrab for Sports Authority (their big sale) starts this weekend and goes on for awhile, so hopefully I can get prettty cheap bindings and boots from them.
So here it is:


No comments: