analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, August 21, 2008

time to breathe!

I went on a run with the dog last night and it was a gorgeous evening! We ended up running to Wash Park and it was just one of those scenes that was so perfect. The weather was absolutely perfect, the sun was setting behind the mountains, the light was shining through the trees in the park and hitting the lake in the park. The bustle of the park with people running, biking, playing volleyball, playing with their dogs, playing rugby was going on all around me. To top it off there was a bag pipe (band? group? whatever..) playing in the background. It was a little surreal.. Wash Park is so pretty, especially when you are there at just the right time like last night.

So we ended up going on a bit of a long run - the dog and I - a long run for her, but since it wasn't hot out she managed just fine.

This week I've just been trying to get back in the groove of running.. I took some time off and with all of the weekends out of town, there hasn't been a whole lot of exercising... eating, yes, but exercise, no.

It's been nice not having much going on this week and I'm home this weekend! Just for one weekend, though, then out of town for labor day. Labor day weekend will be a blast - Minnesota at the lake with all the friends from Denver... it will be so fun.

Last weekend in Oklahoma City to see the family was really fun. We had a great time hanging out with everyone and seeing the cousins' kids, too. The Big Brothers Big Sisters event we went to was really nice and it was great to see my grandfather honored. I met one of his oldest friends and heard some stories of when they were lawyers up against each other in court. My grandpa is pretty amazing, so it's really fun to hear those stories!

It was a short weekend and I got back to Denver on Sunday with time to relax, which is always good. I finally was able to go to the grocery store and get some food, since I have been scraping by for the past few weeks - with money as well as constant busyness.

Well, just a random update. I will try to have some better posts at some point! Hope everyone has had a good week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you


oi
Olá
Como foi o seu dia?
Gostei de seu blog
você é fantástico!

realmente agradável blog
fabulosa fantástico
tchau
cuide-se
vejo você