analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

trying to welcome in 2009...

Wouldn't that be cool if all of a sudden, on January 1st, all of this crappy economy business just went away!? And everything started thriving!

Yeah, that would make my year..

With the economy in the crapper, it's kinda putting a damper on my 'hopes and dreams' for 2009. People aren't building buildings and architecture firms are doing the opposite of hiring. The whole thing feels like it's just going to halt. Not good.

I know there are many things I want to change/do in the coming year, though. I've never been one to make 'resolutions', but I may just have to come up with a little list to post up to remind me of things to strive towards.

I feel like I never quite settled into the house that I'm living in. In my head, I thought of it as a transitional spot. Somewhere I could save money and pay cheap rent, but I wasn't going to make it mine. I think I'm going to focus on at least making my room a nice area to be in. It is small, but I didn't take the time to organize very well. I honestly don't have enough places to put all of my stuff. Moving from an apartment I got to fill all the space with, I now feel very, very, very cramped. BUT, I think I will try to get creative and buy/make things that will help me organize and feel a bit more settled. My parents did give me a sewing machine for Christmas, so I could try to make some things! I also got new bedding for my bed for Christmas, which has already done wonders for the way the room looks.

Making things will definitely be something I need to do in this New Year- I need to be creative again.

With some new magazine subscriptions, which I also got for Christmas, I will hopefully be more inspired. Dwell Magazine will especially get the creative, fun, organized juices flowing.

I also got this fun little tripod for Christmas


Those are just among a few fun things I received for Christmas. Santa was great this year! (Thanks again Mom and Dad! Love you).

I will be in Breckenridge to ring in the new year! I hope everyone has fabulous night tonight!

1 comment:

CC said...

that tripod thing is awesome!