analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter in Oklahoma with the family was really nice! It was great to see so much family and go to the place where I have celebrated so many Easters. I hadn't been back there in awhile and it was crazy to think about how much has changed. There is a whole new batch of little Easter Egg Hunters out there now.

It is finally Friday! For some reason, this week went by pretty slow. I guess compared to the last two weekends, I am not going out of town today, so that made it go by slower. This weekend I will be starting the packing. It's supposed to snow for 2 days straight, so if that's the case, then getting myself to pack will not be a problem.. I won't have too many distractions. Tonight, there are plans, but after tonight, nothing really.

The one thing I've been focusing on with this move is that I'm going to have to do some serious budgeting. I can definitely afford the apartment and I am so very lucky to not have car payments or student loans, so compared to some other people, I have it pretty easy. Living where I have been for the past 10 months, you would think that I had saved up more money! I have saved some, but I really should have focused on saving more. It's amazing how quickly money goes!

I'm going to start keeping track of everything a lot more carefully, now though. I spend way too much money on food and too much of it goes to waste. A good chunk of money also goes towards the dog. I do not want to know how much money I spend on her! She will not be going to doggy daycare anymore and I really need to find some more doggy friends to watch her when I'm out of town. Boarding is just too expensive!

One thing I am planning on buying, though, is a bike! I think I may even purchase it this weekend because there is a pretty good sale going on. My new apartment is close to things (including work), but far enough that I won't want to walk, so I think a bike would be perfect.

And it would also be helpful if the economy picked up and job security was there! :)

Well, enough money talk.
Everyone, have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

CC said...

SNOW! WTF?! It's supposed to snow here too....

Hope the move goes well...can't wait to see pics of the new apartment! :)