analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Monday, April 27, 2009

spring cleaning

I'm pretty excited about moving at this time of year. The beginning of spring. It's always a time to clean.. spring clean. Get rid of all that stuff you don't need and start anew in many different areas.

I'm going through all my stuff, trying to do the best I can at getting rid of something I haven't used or worn any time in recent history. A good amount of stuff is still hiding in boxes that never got unpacked from the last move. I went from a whole apartment to pretty much a bedroom, so a lot of extra stuff just wasn't needed. I knew the move wasn't going to be permanent, so there have been boxes piled up in the basement for some time.

So once those get unpacked and looked through when I get to the new place, I'm sure I will still be throwing away/donating more.

The move is going to signify the start to a lot of things. It helps to do something like this to help motivate myself in other areas.

The bike has been purchased and I really plan on using it quite a bit after the relocation, when I will be a bit closer to a lot of things and a quick bike ride will be so simple.

A clean slate for a refrigerator will be kind of nice too. Things get so piled up in refrigerators, especially when shared with multiple people! I lose food in there. An empty fridge will be a clean slate to focus on eating healthier and hopefully controlling food purchases if I can see all my food just a little better.

If only the weather would cooperate, I could also get a decent workout schedule going. I really enjoy running outside, but the weather has been so on and off it is difficult to get going. We barely saw snow this whole winter and then April decides to freak out. Apparently, it's relatively normal here, but I am so over it.

Wednesday, I get the keys to the new place! Friday, the parents are visiting for fun-filled moving activities. I will have to figure out what else we can do that will be a little more enjoyable than just moving me..

No comments: