analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, August 07, 2009

last weekend and on to the next one

Well, the Houston trip was good. My flight got delayed on the way home, which was not fun at all. All by myself and I just wanted to get home, so I could get to bed and wake up early for the 14er! I finally got into the Denver airport at about 10pm, though.

We woke up bright and early to head to the mountains and finally got started hiking around 8:30 am. I was pretty worried that coming from Houston all the way up to 14,000 ft was going to effect me. I have no idea if it did, but I think not having dinner the night before on top of a late flight, didn't help either. The hike went well, though, was just completely exhausted afterward! It took us about 5 1/2 hours to get up and back down. Going up was basically like doing lunges for 2 1/2 hours. It was pretty crowded, like I expected, since Mt. Bierstadt is a pretty popular one.


Later that night we had to go out and celebrate... both the hike and my birthday, which was the next day. We ended up staying out til 4am! ouch. Needless to say after the previous days of Houston and the 14er, I didn't do a whole lot on the bday. Good weekend though.

Work has been busy this week in the 'trying to get work' way, so I'm just counting down the hours til 5:00. Two more! I worked extra hours this week, though, so maybe I can leave early?? Hmmm...

This weekend looks promising as well. I will try to fill you in earlier than I just did for last weekend!I'll give you a teaser of.. Kings of Leon concert at red rocks on Sunday! woot!

No comments: