analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, June 02, 2006

the sun came out today

THE SUN CAME OUT TODAY! Wow... after a late night out last night, I woke up this morning to see the BLUE sky out the window and the sun shining in. I didn't get much sleep, but I couldn't stay in bed because I was so excited to see this and I didn't want to miss it in case it went away. It still wasn't hot and was a bit chilly when the sun was behind a cloud.

So I set out today to take some more pictures of my site for my project in Old Town Square - I need to use these to create some perspective drawings for my final project. I then continued to shop around a little - found some souvenirs for some people... which was kind of a pain in the butt, because I was practically being harrassed in one store. There wasn't too many people in the store and like 4 guys were working there. They just kept talking to me about everything in the store and trying to make jokes, but all I wanted to do was mind my own business and look for souvenirs! So, of course, they drove me away and I didn't buy anything from them... badgering people doesn't work - it just freaks them out! So I made my way to a different one, where they still wouldn't really leave me alone to look, but it wasn't nearly as bad. I was looking at some things and they're all in front of me, but they point out to me how "they have different pictures...see this one... and this one ..." blah blah.. I can see it! Thanks. So I pick one up to look and set it down and they say "you don't like?"... I'm just trying to look around! So, yea, that's my rant for now.

I also went in to a classical music store and purchased a cd of a Czech composer, Bedrich Smetana. One of our Czech Culture classes had the topic of Czech music and we listened to Czech classical music most of the period, so I wrote some names down that I liked.

Anyways, from there a I got a text message telling me some people were going to Bohemia Bagel. I don't think I've mentioned this wonderful place in Prague, yet. This place is usually full of backpackers - or Americans - or tourists of some sort. It serves breakfast all day, but also has hamburgers, sandwiches, and bagel sandwiches. You don't easily find bagels over here in Prague. So I'm addicted to the Turkey bagel sandwich. I can't help it. You order at the counter and take a seat. They have FOUNTAIN drinks - I miss pop from the fountain sooo bad. It also has FREE refills and ICE. Yes, it is great.

Bohemia Bagle - that's my Turkey Bagel sandwich in front


So we sat there for a good while enjoying ourselves. Then I had to head back to the dorm room. My studio project is due June 12 and that is coming up quickly. It's starting to come along, but as always, I can't help but be nervous about how its going to go. It is definitely difficult for me to pull really late nights here, but you gotta do what you gotta do and I'm sure I will have to do it this next week.

Well, that's about it for now. We went out last night - 2 of the engineering guys finished their last final, so they are done and wanted to go out. We ended up at a bar where we met a group of Syracuse students that are here for a couple weeks taking a film course - they're film majors. It was fun chatting with them.
Alright - it's my bed time.



Oh yea! There were fireworks out our window on the top of this hill tonight. It was pretty awesome.

No comments: