analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Monday, July 07, 2008

3 days non-stop

Looking back on the weekend, it's hard to believe I did everything I did in 3 days! It was a full weekend.

Thursday night we headed out for dinner on 16th street at Rock Bottom Brewery - which was delicious, then headed to LODO. Sports Column on Thursday night is the place to be, as it is $5 to get in and then $1 you-call-its... Well, since nobody had work on Friday, the place was pretty popular and there was a loooong line winding outside of the bar. We decided to wait - it was moving fairly quickly. We headed up to the the rooftop and spent the rest of the evening there. After we made it home, there was after hours with Mia...she gets lots of play time sometimes at 2 am.

Friday we eventually got up and around and got to Wash Park at about the same time as the rest of Denver. Well, it wasn't that crowded, but spots that had trees for shade were quickly getting taken. We ended up with a nice spot and started to set up the food table, volleyball net and ladder golf alongside another group doing about the same.

The day was perfect.. lots of fun in the sun, drinking, eating and hanging out with friends. Our plans to go elsewhere to watch fireworks faded as it started getting darker and we were still chilling at our spot.. a little too lazy to start packing up everything. There was an orchestra that played on a stage set up near us and then we watched some fireworks over the trees that were being shot off at the Denver Country Club.

We finally packed up, headed home and passed out. Mia was so worn out that she probably would have slept until noon on Saturday, but I had to get up and get ready for the big move. I missed the opportunity to sleep in! It was very hard to get out of bed before my dog did.

Then the moving began. It went pretty smoothly. I had the help of 4 strong guys and all the heavy furniture was out and in the UHaul relatively quickly. We stopped at the Spicy Pickle, I bought them some lunch and we headed over to the new place to unload. There was some furniture shuffling going on since I added two whole couches and another table to the mix.

The Uhaul basically had all the heavy furniture, but I still had stuff at the apartment. So I had to bring probably 4 more loads in my car over throughout the weekend. I did a lot of heavy lifting up and down 3 floors.. I got a workout for sure.

Now, the place is a mess. Mia is currently sitting in her kennel surrounded by boxes.. poor thing. She's a little confused as to what is going on, but she's not complaining because she LOVES Uncle Jeff.. who she now lives with. I'm going to have to get used to Sportscenter on the TV 24/7 now compared to Law & Order on 24/7 from the past year..







No comments: