analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, July 24, 2008

music love

Last night, we saw Matt Nathanson perform for a private showing. We weren't supposed to be there, but we got in and it was GREAT. The guy is great. Everyone should see him live. He has a great voice, great music and makes such a great connection with the audience. The little venue it was at was perfect for this kind of a thing. Everyone got to sit up pretty close to him and throughout the show he talks to people and gets the crowd excited. He could hear people being silly and laughing and would point them out and say something back to them.

I would have needed a few more drinks before I would start acting silly/loud enough for him to notice me. I was sitting front and center, though, which was pretty awesome. I got some pics and some videos of him performing, so I'll have to put them on here at some point.

This was the second time I have seen him perform and I'm pretty sure after every show he does he goes out and talks, signs autographs and takes pictures with every single person who wants to see him.
We waited in line so we could get a pic and have a short conversation with him. I got 'Mokies. Bernal Heights' written on my forearm in permanent marker by him. Apparently, it's a great sushi place. I told him I'd be making a visit to San Fran for the 1/2 marathon and that's what I got. So here I am at work with a nice little note written on my arm.

So, yeah, we weren't supposed to be there, as I mentioned. We heard he was going to be here from an email I got on Tuesday and I clicked on a link that took us to the radio station's page to fill out a form and become a 'panel member'. We filled out and figured that's all we had to do. Well, we got there and it turns out that last week they had a drawing of the panel members and whoever was drawn got an email to come. So the email I got was from Matt's email list and was a bit misleading! We had to wait around the door for awhile, but there were plenty of no shows, so we got in without a problem... so it was free and VIP.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Where was the show at?

Tipp said...

I LOVE him. I fell in love with him when I first heard Car Crash and I purchased his EP and loved Cmon Get Higher. Now it is a single her in Nashville on Independent radio and I get to hear it on there too!

I like you. Great music taste.