analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, August 15, 2008

and another out of town weekend! and I love the olympics...

Well, tonight I'm off on my third of 5 Frontier round trip flights that all happen within the span of less than 2 months.

This time to Oklahoma City where I will be seeing a lot of family! Our whole family on this side hasn't been all together in a VERY long time. There are some new kiddos I haven't met yet, too. Our grandfather is getting a big award from Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Oklahoma City on Saturday, so we are all going to cheer him on. It's going to be a short weekend, but it will be so nice to see everyone - Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Brothers and Parents too!

Mia will be staying with her puggle boyfriend, Marvin, for the weekend, so I'm sure she will have a great time. They help me out SO much with her... maybe I should show up with a present for Marvin this time...hmmmm... maybe lunch time will be a Target run.

The last weekend trip to KC was a great time! I never really said anything about it, but it was so great to see and hang out with the AXO girls. We have so much fun together... although they are all starting to get married- which is just crazy how it seems to happen at the same time for a lot of people!
I must say, I would maybe start to go a little on the crazy side if I lived in Kansas, as everyone I know is in a relationship there...

The weekend was fun, but also very quick! It was fun to be back in Kansas and see familiar faces around. Friday night we went out for a couple drinks.. saw atleast one familiar face, Saturday night after the reception saw quite a few K-State faces, Sunday on the plaza I spotted a familiar face as well. I'm so not used to that in Denver, but it would be nice!

In more notes..
I have been loving the olympics more than I thought I would. I do live with guys that are all about sports, watching sports, talking about sports, playing sports..etc. so maybe I have watched more because of that. It's just so fun to watch. Although, I wish coverage was a bit different. With gymnastics, I would really like to see more than 2 Russians, 2 Chinese and the Americans perform (I'm pretty sure there are more than that competing...but we WOULDN'T KNOW BECAUSE THEY DON'T SHOW THEM). Sorry.. outburst..

Anyway, obviously I do like watching the Americans.. I get so tense watching them in gymnastics. I'm sure everyone can imagine how nervous you'd be, but maybe me being an
ex-gymnast adds to it a little. I can't take my eyes off the screen when they're going!

So I have been staying up late watching the olympics and then this morning was a rainy morning...and getting out of bed was ROUGH. I do love me some rainy days every now and then, though.. so no complaints.

No comments: