analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

being nice

So, I mentioned in my rant about Spencer wondering about why he feels the need to be an asshole to everyone. Well, last night my neighbor was SUPER nice and it just made me think about why a person would ever want to be a mean, jerk of a person?

I was just watching some TV and the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find my lady neighbor there.

-There are two 50ish year old ladies that live next door (partners we assume) and they've been through some times with my brother and his friends living next door through college and such. There have been parties they have complained about and things like that. I think most people would kind of expect them to be grumpy and mean. Well, when I moved to Denver, I got to know one of them because she has a dog and we'd let them play around a little. She's a really nice lady and I never mind having a quick chat with her. Lately, we haven't really had the dogs play and just haven't talked much at all. -

Anyway, I opened the door and she informed me that our side of the street is getting cleaned tomorrow, so she didn't know when I was leaving in the morning and sometimes they come as early as 7:30. She said they get tickets because they forget, so she just wanted to let me know.

I thought it was so nice! I had absolutely no idea they were cleaning the streets and it would have sucked to get a ticket. I just thought it was really nice for her to go out of her way to let me know. I'm not sure I would have thought to tell my neighbor that.

(If it was Spencer that lived next door to her he probably would have been a jerkface to her and she would have let him get the ticket)

So, I'm just saying being nice is good for everyone! There is no point in just being a sour person.

2 comments:

Dave Q. said...

It's kind of like that insurance commercial where people see other people do nice things and they in turn do nice things. Too bad I can't remember the name of that insurance company now. :)

mack said...

Yeah it is - that commercial is quite true in a way. I do that with so many commercials, where I have no idea what it was for. oops.