analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Monday, October 06, 2008

fall adventures with visitors

That was a whirlwind of a weekend! I feel like I did a lot. I got to take Friday off, thank goodness. Work last week was very busy and I couldn't take another day! I needed a break. So, thank goodness for friends visiting and me getting to take a day off to hang out.

-We went out to breakfast at Snooze downtown and it was very yummy. I went with an omelet and Laura went with the French toast. Both were stellar.
-We then shopped around, made our way to REI where I made the decision to bite the bullet and get the Colorado Pass - the season pass so I can snowboard all season at 5 different mountains. I know a good amount of people getting it, so I don't think I will have a problem getting out to the mountains enough. By the time you go about 6 times, you have paid for the pass, but it is quite a chunk of money. EEK!
-We stopped by the new Contemporary Art Museum and checked it out. We got in with a student discount and meandered around. There was not very much to see there and the museum was really small. Not terribly exciting, but whatever.
-South Pearl Street is a really cute street with boutique shops and cafes and bakeries, so we walked around there and grabbed some ice cream.
-We came back to my house, chilled, took Mia to the park to get some energy out. We then went to a couple of organic grocery stores in search of Quinoa flakes and other random ingredients. We found them and then made some super, duper healthy muffins.
-After this we had dinner, drank wine and headed downtown to meet up with all the girlies.

WOW. that was all in Friday.

Saturday we went to the mountains and hiked around a little. I was so excited to get out there to see the fall trees and I was not disappointed. The trees in the mountains are yellows and oranges and they are so bright. By bright, I mean that the mountains were on fire with these colors. We went out to Kenosha Pass, part of the Colorado Trail. It took a little over an hour to get to and we were in a bit of a time crunch so we could get back to watch some K-State football (which was not worth watching! they sucked). The watch party was fun as usual though. We couldn't hike for too long, but we definitely saw some pretty views.

(more pics of the hike when you click the photo)

So, after all this beautiful stuff we headed to the watch party to see some not so beautiful football. That night we all went out to dinner where we were all exhausted from midday drinking.. A lot of the girls were running the race for the cure the next morning, so we all took it easy that night. Laura and I got in some quality Saturday Night Live! I don't know when the last time was that I actually watched it on Saturday night.

Sunday, we took it nice and easy. We ended up seeing Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist... and not as good as it looks. Not quite as funny as you'd think..

After that it was time for Laura to go back to the airport.. and she also reminded me how I was supposed to go into work that night.. no good.
I'm so glad she came out, we had a blast and I really need to get out to Baltimore to check it all out over there!

In other news!! My good friend, Jessica, got engaged!!! I'm so happy for her! Woohoo! I'm already looking forward to the wedding.

Alrighty, that's the update. All I've got right now!

No comments: