analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Friday, October 24, 2008

long week

Well, I guess the week hasn't felt that long, but it's been busy! Work has been busy and, of course, frustrating.. I need a totally anonymous blog to do my work talk though, so I shall not go into it.

but we shall have a picture showing some emotion...


So, anyway, I am leaving town today to go back to the ol' alma mater. We are going to the football game... against OU.. so the outcome is not looking favorable to us, but sometimes we pull off some amazing games!

There are a lot of friends coming back for the game, so that's good, considering I barely know anyone that still goes to school there. WHICH IS SO SAD! Not so many options on where to stay the night... very soon I will need hotel rooms when I go back to visit. There are about 8 of us going back from Denver, so of course we will have a good time! It's always fun to go back to where I spent 5 great years of my life! Seriously, I miss those fabulous days.. even though in those 5 years there were a lot of long days and nights spent slaving away for my architecture degree. It was all fun, though - through the panic, high stress, no sleep, - we had a good time in the sleepless deliriousness that happened in that architecture building. We all survived and look back on it with some pleasure..

We have a long drive ahead of us. We're all leaving work around 3 and getting out of town as quick as we can, but I'm sure it will take a little while to get going. On the way to Kansas, the time skips ahead too, so that's no fun when you're trying to get back and go to the bars and realize you will have one less hour.

I'm hoping to come back with some k-stats swag that I somehow lost over the years. I need to make a trip back to Varney's, the k-state merchandise, books store. I need to get the OU license plate holder off of my car (belonged to the parents) and replace it with a K-State one. I'm thinking about getting the dog a little k-state shirt as well and I need a K-State hat. Yes, there will be lots of purple.

I will also need to eat at my favorite spots, although on game weekends all the great Aggieville eateries will be packed.. but I just may stop by Jimmy John's at 2 am like the ol' days.

Okay, um... back to work. Woops.

3 comments:

Danny Holland said...

By the time you need hotel rooms you will have the moola to throw down on whatever is necessary!

Good post.

mack said...

I sure hope so!

Your Humble Scribe said...

Hope you had fun at the alma mater. Thought they had a chance too. Hope work isn't too bad.

Oh, and Key West is going to be the end of me. Thank God I'm going home tomorrow.