analyze web stats
analyze web stats

Thursday, February 26, 2009

new stuff

It has been awhile! Woops.

Can't say I've been super busy, but I have been having a lot of fun. As well as just had things to do rather than sit and write on here.
Work has been pretty busy and hopefully it stays busy!! Hopefully we get some new projects going. The economy scares me every day.
I did just hear some words come out of my boss's sentence that sounded good -- "stimulus...building... looking good". So... maybe there's some hope??

I have found an apartment. An apartment that is mine all mine! I'm super excited, but also makes me reaaaaalllly hope for new projects at work so I have some job stability!

The location of the place is great. I'm back closer to downtown, work and friends. I'm actually right on the bike path that leads straight to work. I need a bike, but once you get past that minor detail, I could easily ride to work! The dog is always important to think of when I move because I want to be able to take her somewhere to get her exercise in and energy out, as well as I need to feel safe when I'm out at night with her. This area I'm in, I feel safe and down the street is a makeshift dog park! It's not technically a dog park, but there's an empty school and a big asphalt area is fenced in. Every time I've driven by there have been people there with some dogs, so that is pretty exciting.
The place has windows on 3 sides of the apartment and the other wall goes to the hallway, so I don't share any walls with anyone. I'm also on the top floor.. so shouldn't be too much ruckus from any neighbors.

Anyway, hopefully I can manage to save up some more money in the next 2 months since I don't move until May 1st, although I have to put down the deposit for the place pretty soon.

Also, been up in the mountains doing the snowboarding thing! I can tell I get better every time I go, so it's really fun. We usually have a really good time up on the mountain with friends, too, so it just makes for a really fun day.

And I have also been booking flights like nobody's business! Three flights were bought within a week... I'm not traveling 3 times in a week, just bought all the tickets in a week.. to clarify. Spring is definitely going to keep me busy. I have a trip to Baltimore that I am sooo looking forward to visiting my friend, then flying to see family for Easter and a flight home to Wichita for a wedding shower/bachelorette party. I still have to make room for another bachelorette party! Yikes. we'll see how this goes.

I hope my new phone, the LG Dare, arrives at my house today. It technically came yesterday, but I forgot that I should have shipped it to my office, so fedex didn't leave it at the door for me, but should be trying again today. I signed the little paper and hopefully it gets left for me and nobody steals it off the front porch!
Otherwise, I will have to drive to Littleton to get...not cool.

alrighty, 'tis all.

No comments: